Dev Intro Workshops
Whether you're new to programming or wanting to sharpen your skills, the Dev Intro Workshops are perfect for you. Workshops will be focused around today's most used languages and programs.
- 9:30 AM | Registration, Breakfast & Networking
- 10:00 AM | Workshops Begin
- 11:30 AM | Break
- 12:00 PM | Workshops Resume
- 1:00 PM | Workshops End
- statements and expressions
- values, types and variables
- operators, conditionals and loops
- functions and scope
- ES6 and beyond
Intro to Python
“You should learn Python,” they said when you decided on this career path. But how? Why? When? Now!
In this workshop, we’ll cover what Python is, when it is useful, and go over a couple of real Python projects that you can use right away. We’ll also cover great resources that you can use to further your skills.
- Python's Strengths
- Python formatting
- Loops and Conditionals
- Text processing
- Discuss Python as a Web Framework
Instructor: Greg Walsh, Assistant professor Division of Science, Information Arts and Technologies at University of Baltimore
Please make sure to come with your laptop fully charged as you may have to share outlets.